Tri-City Communications offers the following structured cabling
and connectivity solutions to commerical, industrial, government,
education, and medical organizations in Virginia and the Carolinas:
- Structured Cabling
Whether you need a simple Internet, voice or database system for a small office, or need to connect a thousand units to your school’s or business’ intranet system, our experienced team of engineers can design and implement a structured cabling plan to suit your needs.
- Voice / Telephony Services: Installation of single- or multi-line phone systems, public phone systems, and loudspeaker / intercom systems; VoIP and IP telephony installation
- Data Services: Installation of data cabling systems for businesses needing network connectivity
- Fiber Optics Installation: High-speed Internet and data transfer for any sized office or organization
- Closed-Ciruit Television: Installation of single- or multi-set closed circuit system for schools and offices, airports and hospitals
- Security and Surveillance: Installation of automated door locks, surveillance cameras, and alarm systems; installation of emergency evacuation systems for schools, hospitals, and office buildings
If you already have a cabling system in place, Tri-City can test, assess and repair inconsistencies and faults within your system.
Contact Tri-City today and let us guide your business into a sound communication system with an extended warranty.
- GPON (Gigabit Passive Optical Network)
A passive optical network
(PON) is a point-to-multipoint, fiber to the premises network architecture in which unpowered optical splitters are used to enable a single optical fiber to serve multiple premises, typically 16-128. A PON consists of an optical line terminal (OLT) at the service provider’s central office and a number of optical network units (ONUs) near end users. A PON reduces the amount of fiber and central office equipment required compared with point-to-point architectures. A passive optical network is a form of fiber-optic access network.
- Outside Plant Construction (OSP)
Business relies upon connectivity and strong communication to survive, which is why Tri-City Communications specializes in a number of Outside Plant services (OSP) for your business or organization’s data, telephony, and cabling solutions.
Our team of experienced, BICSI-certified engineers will devise and implement an outdoor cable installation plan that will bring quality connectivity and not disrupt the flow of your business.
- Aerial Cabling: Including aerial bucket truck service, installation and service of aerial data and voice cables, all-weather fiber optic fusion splicing
- Underground Cabling: Including directional boring and laying of copper or fiber optic cables, duct bank design, high pair count UTP splicing, and cable repair
- Antennae Installation: Including rooftop satellite dish and wireless antenna system installation and guying for voice and data applications
- Telephone Poles: Including installation of new poles and repair / cabling splicing of existing poles All OSP jobs are rated for severe weather conditions
- Ceritfied Connectivity
Tri-City Communications provides structured cabling solutions to commercial, industrial, government and Military institutions throughout the Hampton Roads area to include all of Virginia, North Carolina and the DC Metro area.
Our cabling services include move, add, and changes from one cable to thousand drop networks. Tri-City provides certified connectivity for Panduit, Hillerman Tyton, OCC/SMP, Verizon OLS TE, and can offer structured cable warranties for up to 30 years.
Tri-City Communications is also an authorized reseller of a GSA schedule 70 Contract. We can sell telecommunications products and services utilizing this GSA contract.
The Information Technology (IT) Schedule, Number 70, was established by the General Service Administration (GSA) to provide government agencies with solutions for their various information technology requirements and allow those agencies to procure the products and services they need.
This schedule is currently open for use, by federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Fiber Installation, Terminating and Fusion Splicing
Tri-City provides complete fiber optic solutions to include all types of connectorization to include hand polished, mechanical and fusion spliced connectors for all types of fiber optic cable both single mode and multi mode.
- Security Services (DCJS)
A secure business is a successful business and Tri-City Communications is dedicated to the safety of your personnel and business assets.
Our team of certified, BICSI-certified engineers can design and implement a proven security system for your school, hospital, or office building, bringing together a number of components for maximized protection:
- Master Time Clocks: For tracking employee traffic
- Theft, Smoke and Fire Detection
- Integrated Electronic Security: Automated door locks, employee pass codes
- Security Cameras and Closed Circuit Television: For surveillance
DCJS License # 11-4826
- Telephone and Data Services
Tri-City is a certified Inter-Tel system dealer/installer. Tri-City can configure and engineer your phone systems for up to 60 users and can include a auto attendant and voice mail services.