We are looking for an experienced low voltage estimator. Estimators prepare bid
estimates and proposals, for Commercial structured cabling and low voltage
Includes Voice, Data, Wireless, Video Surveillance, Access Control, and Audio-
Tri-City Communications is technology construction company specializing in
Telecommunications, A/V, CCTV and Access Control systems.
- Establishing strong relationships with the local General Contractors, Electrical Contractors.
- Research bid opportunities, interpret blueprints, understand contracts and scope of work, expand existing client base along with new business development.
- Find projects, Create and deliver estimates to customers.
- Assist in the design for the awarded projects, attend some job meetings, and handle all change orders.
- Extensive low voltage communications, audiovisual and Access Control and CCTV systems sales experience.
- Minimum of 3 years estimating and preparing proposals
- Ability to complete site surveys, create quotes and construct proposals for low
- voltage communications, audiovisual and security systems. Demonstrate aggressive follow up ability.
- Self-motivator, ability to build strong relationships with customers, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must be proficient with operating computers with an extensive background in
- advanced Word and Excel and be able to learn and operate any system builder,
- estimating software as needed.
- Preparing detailed low voltage estimates by assigning material and labor values to take-offs
- Preparation of Submittals
- Assist with preparing quantity take-offs of low voltage systems.
- Identify missing information in plans and specs that might impact accurate pricing
- Acquire vendor pricing on materials, equipment and systems.
- Work with vendors, manufacturers, and suppliers in creating low-voltage system solutions using BOM and Scope of Work.
- Prepare spreadsheets logs and reports and document your work
- Communicate with GCs, project managers, and/or owner’s reps by phone in the case of RFI’s
- Prepare complete scope of work, change orders, and other document filings
- Monitor project budgets and labor costs.
- Assist with material buyouts and releases.
- Attend project walk-through meetings for bidding purposes when needed.
- Maintain communication with upper management and collaboration with other estimator’s engineers.
- Use custom quote system.
- Acquire and maintain solid working relationships with vendors and customers.
- Work cross-functionally with project supervisors.
- Work directly with sales department.
- Evaluate bid documents and make bid strategy suggestions.
- Create take-off documents, participate in bid reviews, and calculate material, labor, and expense needs.
- Supply pre-sales site surveys and attend bidder conferences and pre-award meetings.
- Interface with customers and their staff to determine Scope of Work and BOM requirements.
- Address customer inquiries regarding products, prices, availability, and product use.
- Effectively utilize company suppliers and contractors to meet bid requirements.
- Complete material and labor counts and obtain subcontractor bids.
- Apply state and federal codes and applicable assigned estimates.
- Participate in post-sales and engineering reviews to assess cost changes and provide a complete bill of materials for purchasing.
- Ensure all work and materials meet quality standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conducting project take-offs to determine equipment counts based upon project specifications and drawings
- Develop to become competent with reviewing drawings and specifications and preparing detailed estimates, including assigning material and labor values to take-off under guidance of others.
- Acquire vendor pricing on specialty materials, equipment and systems.
- Prepare, maintain and present computer generated spreadsheets, logs and reports.
- Prepare and manage communications internally and with general contractors or construction managers for assigned projects.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to understand the fundamental knowledge and processes of effective project management.
- Develop to become competent with preparing a complete scope of work, project schedules and change orders.
- Monitor project budgets and labor costs.
- Attend project walk-through meetings for bidding purposes and job tracking.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with Estimators, Project
- Managers and Engineers.
- Help manage project development from beginning to end
- Perform quantity takeoffs and assist with preparing estimates
- Read and comprehend construction documents
- Prepare outgoing mail, email, and other online correspondence
- Process incoming deliveries and transport materials to job-sites
- Update online schedule and assist with project scheduling
- File and organize project documents
- Liaise with team members and other departments on an ongoing basis
- Serve as back-up to the Project Manager
- Resource additional consultants and/or sub-contractors and make the appropriate recruitment for projects as necessary
- Track project deliverables
- Help develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Schedule necessary resources for small Move, Add, and Change projects (MAC)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least three years in the low voltage contracting industry
- Competent with reviewing drawings and specifications
- Experience with (PDF annotation software) or similar software
- Experience with onscreen or similar takeoff counting software
- Strong Excel or similar spreadsheet software skills
- Experience with Submittal Packages
- Proficient in computer software programs such as Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
Job Type: Full-time
- Low Voltage Systems / Relevant 1 year (Preferred)
- Estimating 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision Insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Cell Reimbursement
Posted in:Leave a Comment (0) →