- Fiber Optic installers
- Copper Technicians
- Outside Plant Technicians
Seeking experienced Telecomm technicians that can install, terminate, fusion splice, test, and troubleshoot both Single Mode Fiber and Multi-Mode Fiber efficiently with minimal supervision.
Has knowledge on OSP underground, Aerial fiber optic cable installation and premise ISP fiber optic cable installations.
- Fusion splice SM or MM outside plant loose tube, inside plant tight buffered, and ribbon fiber optic cable
- Terminate various types of fiber optic connectors (both SM & MM)
- Prep, Dress, Store fiber optic cabling to specifications and assemble equipment according to design specifications. Prep underground and aerial splice enclosures.
- Prep of armored/unarmored cables, ribbon and loose tube fiber, mid-sheaths.
- Performs live fiber cut-overs during maintenance hours.
- Ability to troubleshoot damaged fiber, effectively and efficiently
- Proficient in using fiber tools and fiber optic test equipment including fusion splicer, power meter and OTDR
- Ability to read, understand and update splice documentation and maps as required.
- Able to pull new cable/fiber through conduits, digging up and repairing damaged conduit and underground vaults or pedestals.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must have equivalent skills installing CAT5 and CAT6 cable; must be able to route, terminate, test, and build-out server rooms and data centers.
- Ability to complete and submit accurate documentation which tracks work progress including timesheets and other related documents
- Build out telecommunications closets
- Install cable support systems which consist of cable tray, j-hooks and ladder tray Install cat 5, and 6 horizontal station cable, backbone cable, fiber optic cable and inner duct
- Install special systems, Access Control, CCTV, audio visual
- Perform copper splicing, fiber splicing (fusion or mechanical)
- Perform copper cable testing (UTP and coax) and optical fiber testing
- Perform both copper and optical fiber troubleshooting
- Must be able to work on ladders and use power tools
- Must have the ability to lift, carry, and set up a 50 lb. ladder
- Building positive customer relationships and always representing Tri-City
- Communications with integrity, and professionalism is required.
- Minimum 2-5 years of fiber splicing and testing.
- Extensive knowledge of the proper use and maintenance of fusion machines, OTDRs, power meters and tools of the trade.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment & communicate professionally with co-workers and customers
- Ability to clearly communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening that includes background and drug testing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in computer use (Microsoft/Adobe/Email)
- BICSI Certified Technician — Installer 1 or 2, Copper and/or Fiber
- Corning Certified a Plus
- Other manufacturer certifications
- Other certifications such as OSHA, Confined Space, etc.
- Tappi Safe Certification
Posted in:Leave a Comment (0) →